Depending on the application of the blade, specific grades of steel must be used. With vast amounts of steel on stock, M.R. Machine Knives Ltd. can offer a large variety of different materials, which include but are not limited to:
- Stainless Steel 301 – A very soft and cheap material used for food processing knives, shims and many more.
- Stainless Steel 304 – A soft and cheap material used for food processing knives, shims and many more.
- Stainless Steel 420 – A very standard material which is used in almost all industries.
- Stainless Steel 440/A/B/C – A harder alternative to 420, used in mainly meat/fish/poultry processing industries.
- Chrome Steel (e.g. 52100) – An average cost and quality steel, used mainly in the converting and paper industries.
- Carbon Steel (e.g. CS80) – A low cost alternative to tool steels, they are used mainly in the converting and paper industries.
- Tool Steel (e.g. D2, O1, L3) – A hard and durable material used to cut tough materials like plastics and rubber.
- High Speed Steel (e.g. M2, M42) – A very hard and durable material used to provide a long lasting cutting edge to a variety of industries.
- Tungsten Carbide – An incredibly hard and expensive material used in industries such as tobacco and rubber processing.