Whether it be using free issue material, or for a blade requested by our customers, M.R. Machine Knives Ltd. are able to laser weld any product to our customers’ requirements.
Using state-of-the-art technology, we are able to achieve the tightest of tolerances using our laser welder and can therefore ensure that our product will meet your needs each and every time.
Check out our video of the laser welder in action here.
Advantages of using a laser welder include:
- Smaller welds provide a neater finish, meaning the blade will fit better inside the tool.
- Less heat damage will restrict the brittleness of the steel, increasing the durability of the weld.
- The weld will not damage the toothing, as less heat is put through it.
- Laser welding does not take any longer than standard TIG welding and reduces the workload after welding.
- No heat distortion means the blade keeps its shape during the laser welding process.
- Laser welding can weld hard to reach areas that otherwise would not be weldable.